Welcome To Joyce Philip Counselling
UKRCP Reg. Ind. Counsellor/Psychotherapist
Joyce Philip Counselling is a professional service
based in Inverurie.
Counselling can be helpful for someone who is experiencing a difficulty
or uncomfortable time in their life, a time when something is.......
"just not quite right"!
As a Person Centred counsellor I strive to:
- listen without judgement for the truth of every person's own experience/story;
- stay with the person's story of experience, trusting that they know the best way forward;
- believe in the human need to move forward in times of chaos or crisis;
- try, as far as reasonably possible, to see things from the other person's shoes;
- be genuinely interested in that person;
- be as open and honest within sessions to create a safe space where another can be heard.
As a Person Centred counsellor I have learnt not to:
- direct or advise;
- interpret anothers inner motivation;
- see someone as labelled by a diagnosis;
- see my understanding of the situation as preferred;
- see myself as the expert. (Charles O'leary 1999)
By offering this to another hopefully they will be able to find themselves and what it is they want.